5.03.2010

Thirsties Prewash/Superwash Conclusion

I used up the last of my Thirsties Prewash/Superwash sample today.
I actually really like this detergent, and I think most of you would like it too.
Of course I only used it for a short amount of time, and we all know what it's like to successfully use a detergent for weeks before it goes stinky on us.
























(Don't mind my strangely rotated picture. I don't know what happened!)

Did the prewash. This is the first time I actually did a prewash instead of a prerinse with the prewash detergent. Notice there are a few more suds this time than last.
I think this is because I actually added like 2 tbsp (or more?) of detergent instead of the 1 1/2 I was using previously. I just wanted to use up the rest of it.




















Here is the rinse cycle after the hot wash. Notice there are still suds. I totally meant to do an extra rinse but got sidetracked because we were in the midst of leaving so I ended up throwing them straight in the dryer.

They actually do not stink much out of the dryer. I noticed less of a stink this time than last (which I didn't blog about, sorry!), so maybe it is because of the increased detergent.
I would really classify the diapers as "stink free" compared to the stink I have gotten with other detergents.

So all in all, here are the pros and cons of Thirsties Prewash/Superwash:

Pros
  • Seems to get the diapers pretty clean. I have experienced very little stink with it.
  • Made with all natural ingredients (including honey and lemon juice!)
  • Formulated specifically for cloth diapers.
Cons
  • Kind of pricey. I did a bit of searching and found that it was about $32 for the pack of prewash and superwash. And that's for only 64 "normal" sized loads. I for one know I would probably use more because I tend to do pretty big loads.
  • You'd have to buy separate detergent. I mean I'm sure you could use it on your clothes, but at $32 a pop I for one wouldn't want to "waste" my detergent on clothes too because that would get pretty expensive.
  • Not the absolute best at getting stains out. I have seen other detergents do better.
So despite the fact that this stuff is pretty expensive, it really does do a good job at cleaning diapers. It is the only detergent I've tried that did not give me stinkies of any sort out of the dryer! For that I will give it 3.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment